Monday, March 19, 2012

Publix GA Marathon and Half Marathon




What a race!  I can't say I've ever felt so prepared for a race in my life.  Suzy went the distance and did 
the full marathon while I scaled back for the half.





It was a great morning, it got increasingly warmer through the race but not unbearable for the half marathoners.


We started about halfway back in the back.  I had a higher corral but I promised my friend and first time half marathoner Yuri, that I would stay with her the entirety of the race.  I couldn't believe how much nicer it was to run with a friend that solo as I usually do. It really keeps you motivated to stay on pace and keep running. Before I knew it we were through five points and heading back towards Atlanta.


My feet felt great, I kept zoning out and just running.  Did I mention it was the perfect run?  I think this paleo living along with great training with my friends made a huge difference.  I couldn't believe how fresh I felt at the finish line.  I even got on the news, fist pumping like crazy across the finish

My real hardship was waiting on Suzy to finish her marathon.  It was getting hot by then and I was just so worried she was having heat related problems. Thank goodness for texting. It was nice though, watching everyone finish, especially the marathoners.  I'm usually the last to come in so I don't get to see if from the other side, quite inspiring.


That's my 9th half marathon and Suzy's 2nd full marathon.  I look forward to many, many more!

Operation Boot Camp friends



No comments:

Post a Comment